We love the opportunity to do engagement sessions so we can have time to really get to know the couple, see you interact and warm up on some fun poses and getting in front of the camera before the wedding day. They are relaxing and fun! Engagement photography sessions are a time for the couple to get creative and show off their personality. We like to tell our Louisville, KY couples to think of their engagement photo sessions as “your dream date”…with a fun photographer tagging along!
Engagement photography are all about telling a love story, showing off your spark, and telling the world how you fell in love. We take the time to get to know you and your fiancé beforehand so you are comfortable in front of the camera and we encourage you to be yourself.
Show off the fun, spunky, playful, sexy, edgy, adventurous, or silly side to your relationship. We love working with couples who share their story because it allows us to capture it in a snapshot you can share with family and friends.
Tips for the Best Engagement Photos
Engagement photos are probably the first time you and your fiancé are photographed together, so it can be a little nerve-wracking. It’s also the photograph that is often included with the wedding invitation, website, rehearsal, and reception display, so it’s important to get photos you love.
Our expert engagement photography tips help you and your fiancé feel comfortable and confident so you get the very best photos.
1. Put in a little extra preparation. Allow yourself time to get ready and prepare ahead of time. Think about your outfit, have your shoes shined, iron everything the night before, and get plenty of rest. Leave with enough time to beat traffic and arrive on time. Prepare for your engagement photos the same way you would on your wedding day.
2. Wear what’s comfortable (and still look good). It’s more important that you’re comfortable rather than trying to coordinate your spouse or match outfits. Wear what you love and something you look good in and you’ll look perfect together.
3. Choose a location that makes sense. Think about where you met, what you love to do, what your common interests are, and let’s go from there. If you’re addicted to pizza, let’s start your photo shoot at a pie shop. Maybe you met at the theatre or on a ski slope, these are great places for candid pictures that share a story.
4. Consider an off-season location. Engagement pictures in the snow for a summer wedding is a fun way to show your love throughout the year. Maybe mountain photos for a beach wedding or photos downtown before a country club ceremony. Be open-minded to an abundance of possibilities.
5. Have fun. This is your time to laugh together, enjoy being in love, and capture who you are as a couple. If you’re naturally nervous in front of the camera, let’s meet up beforehand and get to know each other.
If you’re not sure how to stand or where to look, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered, just show up, relax, and let our Louisville, KY engagement photography specialists take it from here.