We strive to photograph the magic of a moment, allowing you to continue to experience your cherished memories. A wedding should never feel like a business transaction. We live the experience with you, emotions and all. Let our photos document all the layers of your special day, to be told forever and ever again.
“Kylene’s photography was more than my husband and I could have hoped for on our wedding day! When we first met Kylene she told us from the start how seriously she takes weddings and how she doesn’t just take pictures but tell a love story; her artwork captured our love story entirely. We are able to look back on our wedding day and not only feel it was a fairy tale but see that it was a fairy tale in those images. Kylene was so easy and enjoyable to work with, never too silly of a question, made us so comfortable, and SO timely – we had our pictures within 18 days of the wedding! I could rant and rave about her talent all day; Kylene White is the BEST in Louisville Kentucky!!”
– Aubrey Sullivan – Louisville, KY
Capture every little detail of the most important day of your life!
From the moment he popped the question to the last slice of cake, your wedding is the most important time of your life. We give it the attention it deserves by photographing every magical moment from “Yes!” to “I do”.
We treat each client like family, living the experience with you, feeling and capturing those emotions, so you can experience your cherished memories and have the photographic stories to be told over and over again.
We understand every couple is different, and every love story is unique. We offer the full spectrum of wedding photography including engagements, bridals/groomals, and all wedding day events. We can mix and match our services to create a photography package that delivers exactly what you’re looking for.
Engagement photos are all about telling a love story, showing off your spark, and telling the world how you fell in love. We take the time to get to know you and your fiancé beforehand so you are comfortable in front of the camera and we encourage you to be yourself.
Show off the fun, spunky, playful, sexy, edgy, adventurous, or silly side to your relationship. We love working with couples who share their story because it allows us to capture it in a snapshot you can share with family and friends.
Tips for the Best Engagement Photos
Engagement photos are probably the first time you and your fiancé are photographed together, so it can be a little nerve-wracking. It’s also the photograph that is often included with the wedding invitation, website, rehearsal, and reception display, so it’s important to get photos you love.
Our expert tips help you and your fiancé feel comfortable and confident so you get the very best photos.
1. Put in a little extra preparation. Allow yourself time to get ready and prepare ahead of time. Think about your outfit, have your shoes shined, iron everything the night before, and get plenty of rest. Leave with enough time to beat traffic and arrive on time. Prepare for your engagement photos the same way you would on your wedding day.
2. Wear what’s comfortable (and still look good). It’s more important that you’re comfortable rather than trying to coordinate your spouse or match outfits. Wear what you love and something you look good in and you’ll look perfect together.
3. Choose a location that makes sense. Think about where you met, what you love to do, what your common interests are, and let’s go from there. If you’re addicted to pizza, let’s start your photo shoot at a pie shop. Maybe you met at the theatre or on a ski slope, these are great places for candid pictures that share a story.
4. Consider an off-season location. Engagement pictures in the snow for a summer wedding is a fun way to show your love throughout the year. Maybe mountain photos for a beach wedding or photos downtown before a country club ceremony. Be open-minded to an abundance of possibilities.
5. Have fun. This is your time to laugh together, enjoy being in love, and capture who you are as a couple. If you’re naturally nervous in front of the camera, let’s meet up beforehand and get to know each other.
If you’re not sure how to stand or where to look, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered, just show up and relax, we’ll take it from here.
A bridal photo session gives you the gift of time. It’s not every day you get to wear a gorgeous dress, cathedral veil, and a crystal crown. Make the most of it! Bridal portraits give you more time to create stunning bridal photos in the perfect setting with ideal lighting.
Some brides like to include their groom in this photo shoot, while others prefer to have bridal portraits only to wait until the big day to reveal their wedding look and have photographs together.
The choice is completely up to you, but most brides are always glad they took the time to have a separate photography session in their bridal look.
Bridal Do’s and Don’ts:
This is your time to shine and we want you to be the star. With years of experience in the industry, we’ve known exactly what to do (and what to avoid) to be sure you get absolutely stunning bridal photos.
• Do consider alternate locations: Think outside the box. You can take your dress to the top of the mountain, a family ranch, or to the shoreline at sunset to get those picture-perfect images that aren’t available at your wedding venue.
• Don’t do your own makeup: While some brides feel more comfortable doing their own makeup, your wedding day is one day to splurge on professional makeup services.
• Do bring a friend: It’s always helpful to have someone there to make sure your dress is fluffed, watch for stray hairs, and keep your eyeliner perfect.
• Don’t try something new: If you’ve never spray tanned before, don’t do it the night before your photo shoot. Stick with your regular beauty regimen.
• Do wear foundation: Even (and especially) if you don’t normally wear foundation, wear it anyway because it will keep your skin tone even throughout the day.
• Do consider props: We have had several brides bring a family heirloom, precious pet, or something sentimental to include in their photographs.
• Don’t forget to hydrate: Drink plenty of water before your photo shoot and bring a water bottle with you, especially if you’re in a hot location.
• Do get your nails done: You might not think about it because you’re too worried about your dress, hair, and makeup, but your hands will show up in a lot of different photos and chipped nail polish is a bit of an eyesore.
• Don’t worry: Stress, anxiety, fear, and frustration show up in photographs. Relax the night before and keep yourself as carefree as possible. Have fun and enjoy your moment in the spotlight.
We can also schedule a post-wedding bridal session if you are unable to get those picturesque photos on your big day due to weather, scheduling, or other circumstances.
Wedding Day & Events
From the alarm clock to the last dance, we snap through the range of emotions throughout your wedding day. We cherish the relationships that we build with our clients that allow us to get photos that are both candid and authentic.
We find those perfect moments to show the little things throughout the day that make your wedding unique. Our wedding team provides complete coverage for your entire wedding day with both candid and formal photos to capture every laugh, tear, vow, and toast.
The Wedding Photography Checklist
We start with a basic wedding photography checklist, then work with each couple to be sure we get the shots that they want most.
- Before the Ceremony
The bride and bridesmaids getting ready
The groom and groomsmen getting ready
- The Ceremony
The venue before guests arrive
Mother of the bride and groom walking down the aisle
Bride walking down the aisle
Bride’s first look
Groom’s first look
Important ceremony traditions
Bride and groom walking back together
- Family Pictures
Bride and groom with her family
Bride and groom with his family
Bride and bridesmaids
Groom and groomsmen
Full wedding party
Flower girl and ring bearer
Bride and Groom
- The Reception
Tables and décor
Arrival of the wedding party
Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance
Couples’ first dance
The cake cutting
Reception Events (bouquet toss, garter, etc.)
This list provides a framework, but is by no means an all-encompassing checklist for your wedding day. Maybe you have a best friend from childhood, a special cousin you love most, or a great Aunt who helped raise you; be sure to let us know about those special people in a shot list created before the big day.
Destination Wedding Photographer
If your love story spans across states, countries, and oceans, we are there for you every step of the way. We offer destination photography for bridals and wedding photography to serve clients near and far.
If you are planning a wedding in Maui or would like an engagement session in China, we are willing to accommodate your needs wherever they may be.
What to Expect from Kylene’s Wedding Photography
Whether it’s framed above the mantel or kept safe in an archival wedding album, we create photographs you can look back on and relive the start of your journey together as a couple. This is your big day and we work hard to capture it exactly as you imagine.
We are honored to be a part of your day and we take that responsibility seriously. Every click is capturing the magic of that moment. We document all the layers of your special today to be told for generations.
Photographing weddings and the intimate moments they represent is some of our most meaningful work. We can’t wait to meet you and hear about your story. We would be honored to be invited as a part of your special day. Give us a call today!